owner & principal artist
Entrepreneur and creative, Ralph Lambiase is a special effects make-up artist, creature creator and audio/visual designer, He is the owner and principal artist of The Evocative Workshop, a Long Island, NY special effects arts studio.
He studied industrial design, special effects make-up and fabrication at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh and furthered his studies as a student of Dick Smith’s Advanced Professional Make-up Course. Ralph has worked in the film and television industries over the past 24 years for such clients as Kevin Smith’s View Askew Productions, Verizon FiOS, MTV, Lion’s Gate Films, KNB Effects, AFX Studios, Empire State Effects, Robert Kurtzman's Creature Corps. and Broken Lizard Films, creators of camp classics Super Troopers and Club Dread.
As a testament to his versatility, Ralph was assistant creative director for KMGI.com, a premier internet streaming advertising production company. Ralph also designed a nationally recognized war memorial honoring POWs/MIAs in Eisenhower Park, Nassau County, NY, as well as having collaborated with renown conceptual artists, David Best and Ed McGowin in public art displays. He is a lifetime member in good standing of both the Association of Lifecasters International and the Digital Cinema Society.
In addition, Ralph served for over 10 years as co-chairman of the Long Island Motion Picture Arts Center and Museum, a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation dedicated to motion picture arts education, filmmaker assistance and the preservation of cinema history on Long Island. He is also a New York State certified career school instructor with a permanent license having taught for a short time at Make-up Designory in NYC and enjoys sharing his love of his craft.
Fun Facts - Ralph is:
- an alumnus of the Boy Scouts of America, having achieved the rank of Eagle Scout.
- an alumnus of the International Thespian Society, being a charter member of the New York Troupe 4419.
- a classicaly trained guitarist who has also performed with rock bands and jazz ensembles. He has even opened for Blue Öyster Cult.
- enjoys kayaking and whitewater rafting when able.
- is a life member in good standing of the Digital Cinema Society.
- is a life member in good standing of the Association of Lifecasters Interational.